Tuesday, June 12, 2007

the sea is calling

yesterday was bitter cold. it rained all morning. someone said it thirty seven degrees outside. so i decided that hitchhiking would be miserable with all the rain and wind and it was a better idea to try and stay warm all day. an older man with a large, white santa-like beard came up to me as i strolled through the shipyard. "how ya doing today son?" "i'm fine thanks," i shivered my reply. he cracked a smile beneath his beard and asked me, "are ya missin' the california weather?" i smiled at his warmth, "yes, i most definitely am". i'm not sure how, but somehow alaskans seem to have a radar for people not from alaska. people especially seem to notice that i am from california. the other day a waitress asked me if i was from california. is it that obvious? oh well.

anyways, some news on the job front. i think i may have a job. i have been talking with a captain who is in seattle and is trying to buy a boat. i spoke with him this morning and said he was 99.9% sure he would be landing this boat and he would need me. so booyah! hopefully, this works out. he seems like a good guy. i am praying that this will be a good situation. i will call him back this afternoon and know for sure.

i, also, realized that i have not answered a lot of questions from the comments. i am eating. mark and i brought some food up and for dinner, i walk into town and eat from a multitude of restraunt choices, eddie's or the king ko inn. the mosquitoes are huge and everywhere. one of the deckhands on the boat next to me was bit by one and his eye was swollen shut. i'm staying dry. the rain is on and off. it is amazing how fast the weather can change around here. i miss everyone! until next time...

6 comments:

Pattie Cox said...

Hi Sean,
We are excited to hear the news of this captain from Seattle. I am praying for all the details. That is if God has established this, God would secure all that needs to happen including the health and well-being of your soul and body!

Ephesians 1;15-19 "I know of your solid trust you have in Jesus and the outpouring of love to those around you, I can't stop thanking God for you, every time I pray. I think of you and give thanks! But I do more than that, I ask God, our master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory, to make you wise and discerning. And in knowing God personally, I pray with the eyes of your heart focused and clear you can see exactly what it is He is calling you to do. I pray you grasp the immensity of this glory, the promises to all who believe, and oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust Him-endless energy, boundless strength!!!

I love you loads! mom

Anonymous said...

Sean,
I am praying for you.
Katy

Grammie or Grandpa said...

Sean,
Praying for your discernment and wisdom in what to do. Be safe, stay dry and warm. We love you and pray for you constantly.
Tons of love, Grammie and Grandpa

erin said...

praying seany!!! glad to know your eating...that real question is - maybe you should take more than one shower in two weeks!??!?!?! hoping that God places you on Andys boat....keep warm! LOVE YOU LOADS and miss ya!!!

eeeee

Bradshaw said...

hey sean, its daniel. ive been reading your blogs and just want to wish you good luck. i miss having you around and ill be praying for you and your situation. good luck sean!

Daniel

Grammie or Grandpa said...

Sean, I think of you every day. I pray that this job on Friday works out for you. I like proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him an he will direct your path". Thats Grandpa version.
God bless you and I hope to hear good news soon. I think your mom is anxious also.
Love you,
Grandpa