Wednesday, June 6, 2007

well i wandered into to the naknek library to post again. today i am on my own. mark and i rock-paper-scissored for who would take the job offer last night and i lost. mark shipped out this morning at six a.m. our neighboring boat in the harbor took off this morning and gave my a lift into naknek (about 15 miles about the road from king salmon). it was the greatest feeling to be on a boat. matt, the skipper of that boat, has been teaching us a lot about salmon fishing. i have learned so much already. he has really been looking out for us. it was sad to see them leave today. last night matt went with me to me a possible skipper to make sure i was going to be in a good situation. the skipper didn't make it into town though, so hopefully i will get a chance to meet him tonight. matt is only 22 and he is the captain of his own boat. he has been fishing for since he was 13. anyways, i am going to wander the docks again today. i would be really stoked if i could meet this captain tonight and get onto his boat. hope the outside world is doing well. this town can feel like an island. i am more excited, though, about getting on a boat and starting the season.

4 comments:

Pattie Cox said...

Today, I have prayed without ceasing! Praying for every detail! Love you loads, mom

Bryan said...

yo hermano, ive been praying for you, hopefully you wont end up on an island like lost. miss ya and i pray that you will get on a boat soon. have fun seany!

bryan

Grammie or Grandpa said...

Sean,
Sorry that you didn't get on the boat. I wish they could have taken two of you. Praying, praying praying. I know the area is remote and very different than anything you have experienced before. It is so good to hear from you. How long will you wait there to try and get a boat?
Be safe. LOve, Grammie and Brandpa

Anonymous said...

Sean,
I have no clue what it means to get on a boat or anything but I just wanted you to know that I'm reading your blog and I am praying for you lots.
Katy