Thursday, June 14, 2007

walking along the road

i was looking for a ride yesterday, when an old green bronco pulled into the turnoff and the driver said he would give me a ride after he bought some stuff inside the store. the back of the car was piled high with nets and fishing gear, so his buddy told me to just climb in and sit on top of all the stuff. the driver returned and with total dismay said to me, "you're sitting on the eggs!?!?" i did not know what to do. i was freaking out looking for the eggs until he started laughing at me and said that he was only playing with me. his name was ron. i asked him how far he was going and he responded by saying that he was shipping me to shanghai on a slave ship. ron was really kind. after he dropped me off, he told me to stop by his boat whenever for some coffee.

i am heading off tomorrow to meet my skipper, dean. we are going to talk about a contract and so it looks like this could be my ship. i talked with some people around town and they said dean was a good guy and that he runs a safe ship! well, that is all for now because i am getting kicked off in the library.

11 comments:

Grammie or Grandpa said...

Sean,
I think you should write a book about the characters you have met while spending a summer in Alaska at a fishing village. Great human interest stuff.
Praying. LOve, Grammie

Csilverfox4 said...

Hi Sean trying to get the computer to comment on yur adventures.

Todd A. Pulliam said...

Sean! I pray that this works out for you! I'm loving the stories. Keep up the faith! Miss ya man.

jransom said...

I agree with grammie! Also, I'm coming to Alaska on Monday, so let me know if you're anywhere near Juneau, Sitka, or Ketchikan. Miss you, Sean!

jransom said...

P.S. This is Jessica Ransom :)

Pattie Cox said...

sean this is not pattie cox...its ur sister erin here...im writing to tell you that i call first dibs on your phone call home tonight! dont tell anyone that i will be waiting by the phone...if i miss you though...call my cell????? im dying to talk to u before u take off and become a fisherman!!

Anonymous said...

sean did you get the job or what?

BC said...

Sean did get the job with Captain Dean and expects to be out this wknd as they have been working on the boat this week in preparation.

Sean we will be in Dana for L graduation. Call on Cells thru Friday nite.

Love Ya..DAD

Brad C said...

Sean, glad to hear you got on a boat. It's been great keeping up with you through your posts. Sounds like it's been worth the trip just for all the interesting people you've met.

Tricia said...

Best of luck With Captain Dean!
Are you ever going to eat salmon again after this trip?! We are all hoping that you have a very excellent adventure!
love,
Tricia, J, J and D

Brad C said...

So Sean, I hope you're lack of posting here means that you are fishing for Salmon right now!